Survey Data

Reg No

14305004


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Historical, Technical


Original Use

Outbuilding


In Use As

Outbuilding


Date

1770 - 1830


Coordinates

255055, 278110


Date Recorded

14/05/2002


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached eight-bay single-storey former mill outbuilding, built c.1790, comprising of five-bays to southern section, and three recessed bays to northern section. Stone and roughcast rendered walls. Pitched slate roof with brick eaves course. Segmental-arched carriage arches with cut stone voussoirs to northern recessed section. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Now in use as farm outbuilding.

Appraisal

This former mill outbuilding forms part of a large industrial complex, which comprised of the two mills and their associated buildings. The survival of original materials add to the interest of this building.