Reg No
22205104
Rating
Regional
Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Social
Original Use
Rectory/glebe/vicarage/curate's house
In Use As
House
Date
1875 - 1885
Coordinates
190484, 146752
Date Recorded
26/05/2005
Date Updated
--/--/--
Detached U-plan two-storey former rectory, built 1880, with gable-fronted projecting end bays and extended to rear to form second pile, east end of which projects, and having overall three-bay side and four-bay rear elevations. Now a private house. Pitched slate roofs with cut sandstone chimneystacks, cast-iron rainwater goods and decoratively-carved timber barge boards. Rubble sandstone walls with dressed sandstone quoins. Square-headed window openings with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows with tooled limestone sills and red brick surrounds. Segmental-headed door opening with timber panelled door and stained glass overlight. Outbuilding with artificial slate roof and painted smooth rendered walls, now used as accommodation, having replacement windows and doors and former segmental-headed carriage arch now a window. Square-headed sandstone pedestrian archway to yard with cast-iron pedestrian gate. Cast-iron gates and rubble limestone walls having a cut limestone style, to front of site.
The architectural form of this rectory is enhanced by many interesting features and materials such as the timber sash windows. The outbuilding and entrance gates contribute to the overall setting of the site.